Stop acting and start living.
De-Learning and acting organization for professional performers.
By Anna Sabaté with the collaboration of Teresa García Valenzuela
A seminar aimed at active actors and actresses who wish to keep their instruments in tune, understanding that the specificity, richness and organicity of each performer is unique and goes through permanent training that allows us to easily and safely access each of the challenges. professionals we address.
How to unclog personal impediments to reach the entire human spectrum of a character?
How to unlearn vices acquired throughout our career that prevent us from living the true life of the character in the “here and now”?
How to relearn to respond from the most organic impulses of the actor/character?
How do we come to truly do, think, live, feel under imaginary circumstances?
Anna Sabaté proposes the fusion of the self-knowledge work offered by her own Sabaté Method© with the Meisner Technique
On the one hand, the Sabaté Method© offers a space for exploration that has been nourished by different acting and spiritual currents to investigate the most specific aspects of each actor/actress and deploy their full creative potential. The instrument of each actor is put at the service of the story when we detect and dissolve the interferences, the saboteurs and the defense mechanisms that do not allow us to flow on stage.
On the other hand, the Meisner Technique emphasizes the importance of “action” on stage. To interpret is to “do.” We behave truly in every moment if we learn to truly live from the impulses of the characters and from the imaginary circumstances marked by the text. Learning through this technique requires a high level of dedication, dedication and discipline.
Likewise, the training includes psychophysical preparation by Teresa García Valenzuela based on Play Spaceness, where concepts such as attention, intention, presence, body and consciousness, and Viewpoints, a way of structuring language, are explored. of the body in time and space that gives meaning to the action itself.
- Strengthen the self-confidence and self-esteem of the actor to dare to delve into his artistic and creative potential.
- Recognize the physical body as a network of intelligent fabric interwoven in space, permeable, sensitive, moldable and suggestive.
- Awareness and body use focused on active listening and the release of fully organic impulses.
- Recognize and transmute the cultural masks that prevent us from living fully from the sensory opening of the here and now and contact with our inner strength and abilities.
- Enter into connection with oneself in an intimate and subtle way, transcending the ego of the actor/actress to enter the imaginary world that links us to our character.
- Develop the capacity for listening, attention, presence and concentration to live from the present, in the here and now.
- Enhance imagination, intuition and the creative unconscious.
- Transform personal resistance into positive mental attitudes.
- Not knowing: dealing with the challenge of uncertainty and what it wakes me up with.
- Become familiar with error, limits, resistance and their recognition as an opportunity to see yourself, feel, space, limit, support and create.
- Learning to “truly live under imaginary circumstances“, that is, from the impulses of the characters in the imaginary circumstances marked by the text.
- Relaxation, presence and center exercises.
- Practices of attention, intention and movement in an environment of trust, collaboration and respect.
- Listening games, autonomy and creative spontaneity and their impact on our behavior.
- Open to experiencing primary support as grounding, a spatial dignity that transcends identity and life circumstances.
- Address each person’s potential in a unique way and according to their essence and realization, without expectations of mental control.
- Connection and coherence between thought, emotion, body and voice.
- Question and make flexible the belief systems that prevent the flow of interpretation and block the ability to embody the character’s life.
- The tool of repetition as the basis of the Meisner Technique to free the actor from those habits or customs that do not allow him to act from the freedom of impulses.
- Rediscover one’s own instinct and let it manifest itself freely through each of the characters that the actor/actress plays.
- The emotional preparation to arrive emotionally full and activated on scene.
- The relationship to approach the imaginary circumstances created from the bond with the other.
- Character development crossing the threshold of our unconscious to expand our acting spectrum through the expression of our inner world, using texts and monologues proposed by the students.
Bachelor’s degree in Performing Arts from Institut del Teatre.
Certified in Coaching and Leadership.
Master Practitioner in NLP
Master’s Degree in Executive and Personal Coaching.
Graduated as an actress and teacher in Meisner Technique for professional actors in Javier Galitó-Cava’s Meisner Technique Program.
Anna has completed her training with professionals such as Anatoli Vassiliev, Krystian Lupa, Carlos Alfaro, José Sanchis Sinisterra, Ferrucho Soleri, Pablo Messiez, Javier Daulte, Javier Galitó-Cava, Carmen Rico, Alejandro Giles, and many others, as well as at the Roy-Hart Theatre Center [+]
Teresa García Valenzuela
Teresa García Valenzuela’s path is oriented towards the art of presence, allowing space for communication potential, self-inquiry, creativity, and the shaping of identity through the body and spatial awareness.
In her training, she emphasizes “Experiential Anatomy” under the guidance of Jader Tolja, a researcher in the relationship between body, culture, and identity. She also incorporates “Awareness through the Body” (ATB) by Joan Sala and Aloka Martí, which provides tools for developing awareness through the body [+]
Schedule and prices
To active actors and actresses who wish to address professional challenges from a high degree of technical training, risk and autonomy, understanding that the specificity, richness and organicity of each performer requires permanent training that allows us to easily and safely access our creative nature in each of our projects, filming and castings.
From October 4, 2023 to April 3, 2024
Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.